Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sound 3A

Coming off the Master Shot project in which I ruined/made awesome the sound design made me very wary about recording again. While recording I made sure to be extra careful and take my time, making sure I didn't compromise on anything. I planned out pretty extensively what I wanted to record and even practiced playing recorder in front of the Chick-fil-a associates. (That wasn't even the weirdest thing I did that day) My group was fun to work with and it was interesting to see what they brought to the table. I think what I enjoyed the most was trying to "visualize" the sounds before I was in the editing room. It's easy to picture something in your mind, but thinking in sound is a difficult task. I actually filled up my tub with water, put my head under and closed my eyes. That is the environment in which I thought of the sounds I was going to create.

1 comment:

  1. Learning from previous mistakes and building on your knowledge is the best part of the learning class experience. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete