Saturday, April 13, 2013

Editing 3B

I've done a lot of editing– sound included. So I was relatively comfortable editing this piece from the technical perspective. The main difference between this project and the ones I've worked on in the past is that all my previous sound edits have accompanied video. Creating a soundscape without a set story was a challenge. In my head I kept trying to force a story through sound, but I really couldn't accomplish anything until I pushed that desire aside. I spent a lot of time rethinking the different sounds and how they could be changed to make something new, or ways in which the context would change them. It's interesting how things change just by they way they are perceived. Perception tells its own stories, and that is a very exciting discovery because of how many avenues of storytelling it opens up for exploration. I'm ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment