Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Vox Pop/Interview Reflection

In high school I was part of a student produced t.v. show. Every week we would do a segment called "Question of the Week" where we walked around doing vox pops with students. So this project was very familiar to me. The main difference was that this time my group and I were outside in downtown Wilmington. There were different issues we had while filming such as wind (at 23mph), bright sunlight and building shadows, and heavy traffic. We used umbrellas to deflect a lot of the wind and it seemed to work really well. What I learned from the vox pops, and what I tried to carry over into the interview was the importance of taking your time setting up.

I'm really excited about out expert interview. We ended up interviewing Ron, the owner of The Wayfarer Deli downtown. The setting was perfect and Ron was very gracious and answered all of our questions thoroughly. We really lucked out, especially when you consider that I called Ron thinking he was someone else and he agreed to be interviewed without knowing who I was or what I was doing. We took our time and got a shot that, in my opinion, looked really nice. The expert interview set the tone for the rest of the documentary.


No comments:

Post a Comment