Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Master Shot Role

For this project I was assigned to do sound/sound editing. I plan to use the H4N to record with. I am very familiar with the H4N because I used to record sound for interviews during an internship. Since the focus of the script is the dialogue I will be recording the sound of the people as they speak with each other. Our stage position for the actors currently is seated side by side, or perhaps back to back. This will make my job easier, since hopefully all I will have to do is move the direction of the mic towards the speaker as they deliver their lines. Other than that I plan to record room tone and the sounds of actions such as lighting candles or the grinding of a mortar and pestle. I am looking forward to doing sound on this project because I haven't had a lot of experience with sound. What I love about film is that every person in the room is an artist who has the ability to express themselves creatively. As our idea develops more I plan to think of how I can use my creativity in sound recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment